Used by CT in recent years found that CT soft tissue lower rates, respectively, cannot accurately show the location and extent of the tumor, depth of invasion, has an impact on clinical staging and treatment. MRI magnetic resonance imaging) to be more clearly scope of tumor infiltration and lymph, compared with CT, MRI advantages are as follows: Imaging for nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
1. nasopharyngeal the detection rate of soft tissue invasion 20~35%
2. skull violations increase 17~20%
3. the rate of intracranial invasion by 17%
4. the detection rate of parapharyngeal space violations by 17%
5. multiple studies have shown that MRI can make more than 30% clinical stages of change
In addition, to determine the recurrence of nasopharyngeal carcinoma and determine whether inflammatory changes, MRI has an advantage over CT. Therefore, it is recommended that examination on nasopharyngeal carcinoma, using MRI examination as far as possible.